SANTA CLARA, CA --
-- 09/13/2011 --
The world-renowned DEMO Fall 2011 Conference officially kicked off today -- featuring exciting product launches and some of the most important new innovations in the areas of cloud computing, enterprise, consumer, social media, and mobile technologies from across the globe.
Day One of DEMO Fall 2011 is dedicated to the latest in cloud computing, enterprise, and consumer technology companies, while Day Two features companies focused on developing social media and mobile technologies and applications. DEMO Fall 2011 marks the 21st year of this semi-annual event that brings together worldwide press, decision-making investors, and market-defining visionaries -- all of whom attend DEMO to discover the latest in technology innovation.
Day One demonstrators in the cloud, enterprise and consumer technology arenas presented leading technology products and applications in the famous six-minute company demonstration format for which DEMO has long been known. Day One highlights also included an exclusive front row seat to fascinating conversations with industry leaders.
Matt Marshall, DEMO executive producer and editor in chief of VentureBeat sat down with Reid Hoffman, co-founder and executive chairman, LinkedIn and partner, Greylock Partners, for an insightful one-on-one conversation about entrepreneurship and success with the builder of many of today's leading consumer technology businesses -- including LinkedIn and PayPal. Additionally, Brad Stone, of The New York Times, hosted an exclusive one-on-one session with Bill Campbell, chairman of the board at Intuit, about challenges and opportunities for today's emerging technology companies.
Other featured speaker highlights from Day One included top executives and expert "sages" from Accel Partners, Jive Software, and Microsoft, who discussed the limitless possibilities of the cloud technology market; Cisco Systems, SugarCRM, and North Bridge Venture Partners who offered insights into the enterprise technology market; and Menlo Ventures, SofTech VC, Nextdoor.com, and Kleiner Perkins Caulfied & Byers who detailed the exciting and always-changing consumer technology market.
DEMO embraces the full spectrum of the technology product life cycle -- from concept to product launch -- giving both fledgling and established companies the opportunity to showcase technologies in a unique forum. In addition to the elite demonstrator class, DEMO Fall 2011 also showcased its popular AlphaPitch program, where early stage entrepreneurs and pre-launch companies are given 90 seconds to share their prototypes with the savvy and critical DEMO audience.
This year's DEMO Fall product debuts include everything from a tool that makes hiring the right employee easier to an app that lets women see how clothes, hair and even makeup looks before they decide to buy, to an online marketplace for garage sales, and a global platform that not only gives startup companies the tools to create an investor relations platform, but also offers a universal application form for angel investor funding. Today's introductions included technologies designed for:
- The competitive and fast-growing cloud computing market;
- Enterprise companies that want to streamline business operations; and
- The always fickle and tech-savvy consumer market.
Highlights from Day One technology introductions included:
Cloud Computing Technologies
- 1calendar from 1calendar - Calendar that integrates web and mobile applications with school software providers so that personal activities, tasks, e-learning, social media, and school schedules are all on one calendar.
- Bime Analytics from We Are Cloud - Delivers business intelligence as a service that runs in any browser; features include a distributed cache that takes snapshots of data and uploads and updates them to the cloud, and the Query Blender, which allows live and simultaneous connections to query multiple and disparate data sources.
- BringShare from Bring Share - An online tool that helps businesses measure their online marketing investments more efficiently and cost effectively.
- DailyDigital from DailyDigital - Plug-and-play digital content delivery platform for the streaming and downloading of video, audio, images, docs and other files.
- EmmaActive from EmmaActive - Allows crowd sourced users to tag products in images found on participating websites to third party websites for more information.
- FROOMERCE from Coeus Solutions GmbH - Long tail monetization platform with the ability to generate storefronts, price comparison sites, Facebook store fronts, Facebook widgets, product widgets etc. to monetize the long tail and niche traffic.
- Gust from Angelsoft - Global platform that provides startup companies with the tools to create their ideal, access-controlled, investor relations website for angel investors and others, as well as a universal funding application form for nearly every worldwide angel group and venture capital fund.
- Hold-Free from Hold-Free Networks - SaaS-based communications platform for the enterprise contact center.
- hookflash from hookflash - A P2P communications (Voice, Video, IM) and file sharing service built on a new Beach Path-created open specification.
- Iconfinder from Iconfinder - Search tool for icons geared to designers and web developers.
- LiveLoop from LiveLoop - Enables teams using Microsoft PowerPoint to edit documents together in true real-time, viewing each other's edits keystroke-by-keystroke instead of emailing attachments back and forth.
- unrabble.com from KMC Software, Inc. - Allows hiring managers to create a new job posting in minutes, generating a unique link that brings candidates through a proprietary profile creation and that can be to any job board, website, email or twitter post.
- Upverter from Upverter - In-browser collaborative electronic design tools.
- Zirtu Serverless Centralized-Decentralized VDI from Zirtu - Serverless, centralized-decentralized VDI software that simplifies IT and cuts costs.
AlphaPitch Companies - Cloud Computing:
- 5Degrees from The App House, LLC - Contact management for the busy, mobile professional that consolidates contacts from across social graph and email accounts.
- Cloud from Xtreme Innovations, Inc. - A Sharepoint alternative that offers free online storage, file sharing, online collaboration, mobile data access, asset management, and more.
- Conferize from Conferize - A real-time, distributed and scalable platform that aggregates conference data from every major online platform online, structures it and makes it searchable, including presentations, videos, papers, tweets, photos, and audio.
- Fluxx from Fluxxlabs - Unites information from enterprise applications into personalized user interfaces, offering a vehicle for real-time collaboration and visibility into the changing data that runs businesses.
- Patisco.com from Xinosys Co., Ltd. - A social network business communication tool and cloud application concept that helps companies to build an exclusive on-line business community with clients, associates, and partners.
- Vidquik from Vidquik - Free web conferencing platform for video and presentations.
- Virtual Interactive Podium (VIPodium) from Fitting Reality - A sophisticated apparel visualization, social media engagement and educational product that allows fashionistas to try on clothes virtually, either at home or in the store.
- Whodini from Whodini, Inc.- Enterprise software that introduces employees in large enterprises to knowledgeable coworkers who can help them via an AI engine and detailed user profiles.
- workforward center from Métier - Product that puts unstructured data in context for project portfolio management (PPM), delivering forward looking business knowledge in the form of automated, intelligent performance recommendations.
AlphaPitch Companies - Enterprise:
- Intelligent Comparison Platform from Compare Metrics - Patent-pending algorithm breaks products down to their most important attributes to create a simplified shopping experience.
- Automated Music Personality (A.M.P.) from OLogic, Inc. - AMP is a two-wheeled self-balancing robot with both an iPhone and Android app that follows users around and plays their music via an attached iPod or digital music player, or live streaming via Bluetooth from a mobile phone.
- Dabble from MashON, Inc. - An HTML-5 plug-in that allows online shoppers to create and customize more than 500 diverse products that MashON manufactures on-demand and ships to store owners.
- Get.com from Get.com, Inc. - Platform that helps users quickly find the product that best fits their needs.
- Gimme! Discount Ad Platform from Gimme! - A universal loyalty platform that helps businesses attract new traffic with higher retention rates and reward new/existing customers through cash back discounts and dynamic QR codes printed on transaction receipts.
- I-Memorial.com and i-Tomb.net from I-POSTMORTEM - I-MEMORIAL.COM is a safe secure repository for digital information and documents that lets users pass on messages and data to friends and loved ones in the event of your death. I-TOMB.NET is a virtual tomb and a digital memorial.
- JobOn from JobOn - Combines employment listings with the ability for applicants to submit a video application.
- Me & My Money from MyFinance, LLC. - Engages members in a comprehensive game plan to help them become confident in their financial future.
- NeighborOil from Neighbor Marketing, Inc. - Online home heating oil delivery service with rewards program.
- omymeds.com from Medication Intelligence - Consumer medication management software that integrates with pharmacies, by-mail prescriptions, and physicians to help patients and caregivers keep track of refills, reminders, potential drug interactions, and more.
- P2P Marketplace from Tradepal, Inc. - Online marketplace for garage sales.
- Pinevio from Pinevio - A social content discovery platform enabling users to discover relevant content from people with shared interests.
- Schedulicity from Schedulicity - Real-time, online appointment calendar that streamlines the scheduling process between service-based businesses and their customers through multiple digital channels.
- SenseAide Virtual Care Service from SenseAide, LLC. - Uses a combination of video chat with web tools, internet-based well-being sensors at person's residence, and software and hardware tools to assemble an online care community.
- WeVideo from Creaza, Inc. - The first cloud-based social editing solution provider designed to make video story-telling and collaboration accessible to everyone.
- yGGLE from Newman Infinite, Inc. - The first online, completely automated Enterprise Java based, drag-and-drop web building service that is optimized for all hardware devices and web browsers.
AlphaPitch Companies - Consumer:
- trueRSVP from trueRSVP - RSVP system based on reputation that factors in attendees' reliability for an accurate estimate of how many people will attend an event.
Visitors to www.DEMO.com may view all DEMO stage presentations within 24 hours of each product launch.
The DEMO Fall 2011 conference continues throughout the day tomorrow with more product introductions and more in-depth discussion around the biggest trends in technology.
Stay tuned to additional DEMO news at:
DEMO Fall 2011 Sponsors
DEMO Fall 2011 Platinum Sponsors: AARP, Alcatel-Lucent, American Express OPEN, Dell, !nLab Ventures, Institute for Information Industry, Intuit, Kauffman, Knight Foundation, Microsoft, Microsoft BizSpark, ng Connect Program, Plug and Play Tech Center, Porter Novelli, Qualcomm, Rogers Ventures, and Startup America Partnership.
DEMO Fall 2011 Gold Sponsors: Austin Ventures, Citi, Comerica Bank, Cooley, LLP, HI Gear, Howard, Rice, Nemerovski, Canay, Falk & Rabakin, InFocus, !ntro, J.P.Morgan, Merrill Lynch, National Scientific Foundation, NEC, NewTek, Northern Trust, NYSE Euronext, SecondMarket, Silicon Valley Bank, SkinIT, Topaz Partners, TriNet, TubeMogul, VCNetwork, Wells Fargo, William Blair, and Wilson Sonsini Goodrick & Rosati.
The DEMO Showcase will feature Americans Elect 2012, BluePoint Security, DigitalFolio, Digital Limelight, DigitalScirocco, Equinix, Gwabbit, Kaiju Empire, Live Dibs, Next Island, Pitmedia Marketings, Select2gether, Social Radius, TappMob, The Travel Innovation Summit, Vizibility, Voice Base, and Votigo.
Strategic Partners include: Angelsoft, BluePoint Venture Marketing, GuidewireGroup, Gust, Levy Innovation Compelling, Marketwire, New Media Synergy, The Demo Coach, and VentureBeat.
Produced by IDG Enterprise in conjunction with VentureBeat, the DEMO conferences in the United States and China focus on emerging technologies and new product innovations, which are hand selected from across the spectrum of the technology marketplace. The DEMO conferences have earned their reputation for consistently identifying tomorrow's cutting-edge technologies, and have served as launchpad events for companies such as Palm, E*Trade, Salesforce.com, WebEx and Tivio, helping them to secure venture funding, establish critical business relationships, and influence early adopters. For more information on the DEMO conferences, visit http://www.demo.com/.
Porter Novelli for DEMO